Dossier Approved By Agency & New Family Members!!!!
The news arrived this afternoon that my dossier has been approved by my agency. The agency will forward the dossier to the US Department of State and the Ethiopian Embassy for authentication, and from there it goes to Ethiopia and waits for me to receive and accept a referral!
The agency is estimating a 7-9 month wait for a referral, but it could be longer. I am hoping for news around Christmas . . . the best gift ever! After referral, travel follows in approximately 10 weeks.
This is a very exciting step for me! My excitement has been at all new levels this weekend with the addition of two beautiful little boys to my cousin's family. They returned from Ethiopia on Saturday with a 2 and 5 year old, and they are absolutely beautiful and charming little men. Although the boys had only been in America for about 48 hours, they were settling in quite nicely in a very short time. With any luck at all, I will have my little one with me by this time next year, and she/he will be bonding with me (and our Ethiopian cousins). What an amazing thought!
S is lending his expertise to the mashed potato making process. He was VERY excited to show off his new room when Len and I visited.

This is J and I doing a little light reading. He is an absolute doll with personality plus!


The whole crew is watching video from Ethiopia. M apparently thought something pretty funny was happening.

The agency is estimating a 7-9 month wait for a referral, but it could be longer. I am hoping for news around Christmas . . . the best gift ever! After referral, travel follows in approximately 10 weeks.
This is a very exciting step for me! My excitement has been at all new levels this weekend with the addition of two beautiful little boys to my cousin's family. They returned from Ethiopia on Saturday with a 2 and 5 year old, and they are absolutely beautiful and charming little men. Although the boys had only been in America for about 48 hours, they were settling in quite nicely in a very short time. With any luck at all, I will have my little one with me by this time next year, and she/he will be bonding with me (and our Ethiopian cousins). What an amazing thought!
S is lending his expertise to the mashed potato making process. He was VERY excited to show off his new room when Len and I visited.

This is J and I doing a little light reading. He is an absolute doll with personality plus!

This is J helping his mom "clean-up" after making mashed potatoes.

The whole crew is watching video from Ethiopia. M apparently thought something pretty funny was happening.



3 Comments:
These pics are a true display of LOVE...they speak volumes.
By
horserider, At
August 6, 2008 at 8:50 PM
Really nice new pics. The narratives are good too so all know what is happening and why - especially good since i was wearing a skirt in one.
By
Len, At
August 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Meredith is cracking up at the part where Doug's rear-end kept getting in the way of the camera. Couldn't have been the videographer . . .
Do I look jet-lagged our what???
By
Mary, At
August 7, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home