Journey of a Lifetime

Friday, June 27, 2008

More News: DCFS Approval & 171-H

The State of Illinois' Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) has approved my home study. Apparently this is a "pre-approval" and once I actually get a referral (can't believe that will actually happen someday!), the medical and legal information goes to the state for the final approval. Another step in a long line of many is done. I'm now a licensed foster parent (I have a card and everything), which is just another hoop to go through as outlined by the state of IL!

I am also waiting patiently for my 171-H form. Immigration is taking about 4-6 weeks to approve home studies, according to my social worker. I have read some blogs where people have waited almost twice as long. Since I don't think I'll be heading off to Ethiopia in the next few weeks, I can afford to be patient on this one (although I'm secretly still hoping for it's arrival before the end of the summer)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home