Journey of a Lifetime

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

4 months!!!

Zoey and Ben have been home for 4 months. They are still doing great and adjusting each day to the big changes in their lives.

I just had my 1st official parent/teacher conference as a parent instead of a teacher! Zoey received a glowing report, and is doing amazingly well. She is at or ahead of where she is expected to be in all areas (letter recognition, letter sounds, sight words, counting, grouping, rhyming, etc.). She still loves to go to school EVERY day!

Ben has transitioned to a new daycare provider quite smoothly. He is a happy guy (unless he needs a nap), and is still a bundle of energy.

Our biggest issue continues to be sleeping. Zoey is doing much better, and only occasionally needs me during the night. Ben, on the other hand, just isn't a good sleeper. He only sleeps soundly for 2-3 hours a night, and the rest of the night he wakes up frequently. To make matters worse, he's now waking up for good extremely early in the morning (today at 4:45AM). I've taken him to the pediatrician, and he has a low iron count, so we are addressing that. I'm afraid once his iron count is up, he'll actually have more energy! I can't imagine!!

With 4 months under our belt, we are doing well, making progress, enjoying life, and growing together as a family. If you see me, please don't comment on the dark circles under my eyes. . . I'm well aware of them!


1 Comments:

  • Oh Barb...I can't wait for Tamrat to see those two! Oh my gosh! Because I keep showing the video of Tamrat's family, I keep the old Zoey and Ben images in my mind. When I see your blog, it is just amazing!

    I am excited at how well Zoey is doing in school. Something tells me I need to quit worrying about schools when Tamrat and Obsi get here.

    I will keep you updated...so far just waiting. We have our homestudy visit next Thursday! yippee!!!!!! Then things can start moving.

    By Blogger The Niedermeyers, At October 22, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home