Journey of a Lifetime

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Preparations



One of the most challenging issues I'm facing at this point in the adoption process is dealing with all the unknowns. Since I don't know the gender or the age of the child, it is quite difficult to do a lot of preparation ahead of time; however, I cannot just sit around doing nothing, so I'm trying to do whatever I can to make some progress prior to the referral. Once that referral arrives, then the mad rush to decorate the room and buy clothes, etc. will begin.

In July, I was inspired to go ahead and tackle the decoration of the spare bathroom for the baby. While visiting Len's daughter, I admired her decor for her son's bathroom, and inquired about it. After looking on E-bay, I found the shower curtain, trash can, tissue box cover, soap dispenser, rugs, and towels. Since the dogs and cats are "gender neutral," and I happen to love animals, this worked out perfectly. Last night I finished up the bathroom, and I am pretty pleased with the result. The most exciting thing. . . . . .I didn't have to repaint!!

Because I occasionally feel the need to pretend I'm creative, I free-handed a dog and cat based on the pattern from the shower curtain and framed them for the blank wall by the mirror. Considering my lack of talent, I was fairly impressed with the outcome.

3 Comments:

  • I'm here FINALLY checking out your great blog!!!

    The bathroom is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! And WHY were you not an art major??? I love the pictures you drew!

    So - what's your next project to keep your mind occupied?

    By Blogger Mary, At August 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

  • No artistic talent??? C'mon...the framed pics are totally perfect! I'd have never thought of the idea to begin with! That's true creativity!!! Good job.

    By Blogger horserider, At August 6, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

  • Thanks for the invite. This is such an awesome way to keep up with our family adventures. We can thank Mary & family for getting us started. You are doing a wonderful job decorating. The drawings are great and something to hand down to your little one later. Keep posting and we'll keep viewing. Looks like you've had a good summer, so far.
    Love, Pam P.S. I started a church blog and the google account I have is through it. I don't know why it won't recognize the one I set up to view Mary's blog, but it won't. I have too many usernames and passwords as it is, so I just kept this one to view yours. Simplist solution for me, anyway.

    By Blogger Bourbon Baptist Church, At August 9, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home