Baby steps
The director of my agency is in Ethiopia. She has had the opportunity to meet the kids, and says they are wonderful, which I already knew!!! Her exact words. . . ."sweet and cute." Apparently Sentayhu is quite the nurturing big sister to little brother, Habtamu. Sue says that Habtamu "freaks out" when Sentayhu is out of his sight. Perhaps my first wise decision of parenthood is already placing Habtamu's toddler bed in Sentayhu's bedroom to help with the transition. The kids are now in Addis Ababa, and have visited the doctor this week. Although I have not seen the official paperwork from the visit, Sue passes on only positive news about them. Did I mention they are sweet and cute???
A lot of new experiences are already taking place for these two babies. I keep trying to imagine all that they must be going through in working to wrap their little minds around all the changes. They may also have seen pictures of me and their "future" home. Bless their little hearts. . .so much to process.
On the home front, the paper chase continues. Although I have done about everything I can possibly do to this point, it looks as though I will need to be re-fingerprinted, since my original prints expire in July. That's another trip to Indianapolis, and no doubt another fee. I continue to pray that I will travel before that, but am taking the "better safe, than sorry" attitude.
My mantra at this point: Prepare for the worst, and pray for the best.
A lot of new experiences are already taking place for these two babies. I keep trying to imagine all that they must be going through in working to wrap their little minds around all the changes. They may also have seen pictures of me and their "future" home. Bless their little hearts. . .so much to process.
On the home front, the paper chase continues. Although I have done about everything I can possibly do to this point, it looks as though I will need to be re-fingerprinted, since my original prints expire in July. That's another trip to Indianapolis, and no doubt another fee. I continue to pray that I will travel before that, but am taking the "better safe, than sorry" attitude.
My mantra at this point: Prepare for the worst, and pray for the best.


1 Comments:
I think you get one "free" re-fingerprinting!
By
Mary, At
March 10, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home