Journey of a Lifetime

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Birthday Girl!!!!

Today in Ethiopia, my future daughter turned 6 years old. I wonder if she even knows this?! I have such mixed emotions today. Of course, a 6th b-day is a huge deal for a kid, so I have some of that excitement for her.

If the adoption goes along as scheduled, this will be her last b-day in Ethiopia. Her particular story, makes this quite sad, too. I cannot help but feel pain for the transition she (and her little brother and their family members) will go through over the next few months. Seems like a lot to ask of a 6 year old little girl.

To celebrate her birthday, I painted her room, and with my mom's help put up the curtains. Once I make a little more progress, I'll get some pictures posted. Although some maternal instincts have crept in over the past year, today was HUGE. I felt like a mom. . .that part where you worry endlessly and just want the child close to you to comfort, protect, and love.

So, to my beautiful daughter, know that my heart was with you long before I met you, and that from many, many miles away, I was sending birthday wishes to you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home