August News
- "Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius."
- Comte de Buffon (1707-1788)
The latest news from my agency is that 289 families are waiting for children from Ethiopia. Gulp! That is over 40 more families than last month. Gulp, gulp. I'm figuring that I'm about 210th on that list. Now I'm taking some cleansing breaths to calm my spirit. The only positive I can find about that is the fact I'm not 289th! On average, it seems that around 25 kids (give or take) have been placed per month. That puts me almost 8 1/2 months away from placement, and about 5 1/2 months away from referral. So, I'm still holding on to that February referral time. Hold on; hold fast; hold out!
I am in the process of trying to find a pediatrician to have on stand-by for referral time. Some adoptive parents utilize specialists in international adoption, but I feel confident that my local medical network will have someone with enough experience to be able to decipher the information I receive. Dragging the poor child to St. Louis, Chicago, or Indianapolis for a doctor's appointment after we get back does not sound like a lot of fun, so if there is a doctor in the Champaign-Urbana/Bloomington-Normal area that can address our needs, that would be great.
School starts next week, so things are really buzzing around the district. This time of year flies by, so I am embracing this hectic time, realizing that as time flies here, it puts me closer to my little one.


1 Comments:
I know it may not seem like it now - but the time from now until February? will fly by! With school starting and the holidays quickly approaching, your referral will happen before you know it. I'm sure you will also keep busy with projects around the house too.
Hope we can get together soon! We are starting school Monday!
Love,
Mary
By
Mary, At
August 14, 2008 at 1:51 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home