Journey of a Lifetime

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Three Handsome Boys





My nephews are the most handsome (and entertaining) little men in the whole wide world! I continue to be amazed at their personalities, intelligence, and overall charm. Over the Columbus Day weekend, I was lucky enough to spend some time with them, and I even attended the baseball games for the older two. John and Carissa'a household is a bustling place. With the 3 boys plus John, that's just A LOT of Thompson men in one place!

Each of the boys has their own unique and intriguing personality.

J is 8 1/2, and he is quite the young man. We ate lunch with him at his school on Friday, and I think we surprised him. He is a reader, and I LOVE that about him. Even though he is "all boy," he can settle in with a book and be quite content. He's loved books since he was a baby, and this has continued. He's handsome, athletic, and bright. . . .no doubt these characteristics will serve him well for a very long time!

T is 5, and is an absolute hoot. I spent an hour with him at Barnes and Noble on Friday morning. . .just the two of us. He was PERFECT. Seriously, the kid was as well-behaved as any child I have ever been around in my life. We picked out books for his brothers, and he was all about making sure we had the right ones for both of them. He may be the cuddliest and most loving little boy I've ever seen. He's a Thompson. . .I see a lot of resemblance between him, my dad, his dad, and my Uncle Marvin. Of course, he's adorable, and those big brown eyes are to die for. I could cuddle up with him any day and just enjoy his sense of humor and view of the world.

. . . .and then there's W (he will be 2 in January). He's hilarious! He can be the most somber child one minute and absolutely hysterical the next. He walks around "singing" the Indiana Jones theme song, and boy can he carry a tune! He has the longest eyelashes I have ever seen! While the older boys play Wii, W plays along and is perfectly happy (even though his controllers aren't hooked up to anything). All he wants to do is be involved in whatever the other boys are doing. Did I mention he LOVES his mommy!? He is also ready to be photographed at any given moment, and says "CHEESE" when a camera appears.

(Oh, John and Carissa are doing fine, too! They are such good parents! I admire their commitment to their boys.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home