Journey of a Lifetime

Monday, August 25, 2008

Choirboyz in Kewanee

Over the weekend, the world renowned Choirboyz performed at the First Baptist Church in Kewanee, Illinois. This group is comprised of 4 Arthur High School alums. From left to right are Larry Icenogle, Len, Jim Blucker, and Steve Blucker. Larry, Len, and Jim were all classmate (1967), and Steve is Jim's younger brother (Class of 1971. . .I think). This group does a great job considering the members live in Columbus (OH), Arthur, Decatur, & Kewanee, which makes scheduling practice an interesting process.

It was a nice weekend in Kewanee, and we loved Aunt Daisy's Bed and Breakfast. . . especially, Molly, the Golden Retriever! Here's their version of "Irish Blessing."

4 Comments:

  • Barb: I'm "in" ... got to view 'Irish Blessing,' but I still can't get them to open on my Mac. I've got my 'Mac doctor' and son Scott apprised, though, so I'm sure that between the two of 'em, they'll square me away. Thanks so much for shooting us!

    By Blogger Larry & Mary Icenogle, At August 25, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

  • Barb, How little I know about your talented fella!! I was able to listen to all the clips. They are very good! I didn't even realize Len was originally from Arthur!! I guess I don't ask enough questions...Momma always told me not to be nosey....but I miss out on so much!! I know you will get news soon about your little one, sooner than you think, I hope. The wait will be worth it!!
    Keep blogging! Check out our church site sometime too. I keep adding a bit here and there. There is so much I'd like to get done, but still have to figure out how to do some things to make it more interesting and informative. Check it out if you get time:
    www.bourbonbaptistchurch.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Bourbon Baptist Church, At August 25, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

  • Barb, I forgot to sign off on my previous comment. Guess what, I found out you can click on the title and it goes right to the Blog site...internet is amazing. I have so much to learn! Anyway, know we are thinking of you and looking forward to checking in more often!
    Love, Pam

    By Blogger Bourbon Baptist Church, At August 25, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

  • I'm in!! Thanks for the invite and you were right. They have great voices.

    By Blogger tasmhogan, At August 26, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home