The Roller Coaster Ride
News from my agency last week was a bit disheartening. They are extending the anticipated wait time up to 12 months from time placed on the wait list. So, I could be waiting until NEXT May before receiving a referral, and then who knows about travel time after that! Believe it or not, I'm taking this news in stride. My cousin, Mary, was a big help. She has been through the process, and she has great perspective and insight.
The reason for the longer wait time is somewhat vague. The Ethiopian court system closes down for several weeks this time of year, but my agency still expected referrals to continue. For some reason, the referrals have all but stopped. Maybe in October this trend will change. As long as this has to do with the welfare of the children, then it's all good. I still remain confident in my agency and understand that they doing the best they can. The good work they are doing on behalf of children and families in Ethiopia continues to impress me.
Just when I thought I was being as patient as humanly possible, I found out I can actually dig a little deeper and muster up ever more patience!
The reason for the longer wait time is somewhat vague. The Ethiopian court system closes down for several weeks this time of year, but my agency still expected referrals to continue. For some reason, the referrals have all but stopped. Maybe in October this trend will change. As long as this has to do with the welfare of the children, then it's all good. I still remain confident in my agency and understand that they doing the best they can. The good work they are doing on behalf of children and families in Ethiopia continues to impress me.
Just when I thought I was being as patient as humanly possible, I found out I can actually dig a little deeper and muster up ever more patience!


1 Comments:
Nothing worth having ever comes easy . . . Hang in there and remember that the moment you hold your child you will know it was God's perfect plan and timing.
I'm here for you!
By
Mary, At
September 9, 2008 at 9:37 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home