Journey of a Lifetime

Friday, September 12, 2008

My Sweet Old Man. . . . . . .


It's the end of an era in my household. Yesterday afternoon my cat, Cricket, age 20 1/2 had to be euthanized. It was a very rough afternoon/evening. He was such a sweet boy, and had to be one of the easiest animals in the world to live with that I can imagine. Who knew that cute, little, orange kitten with 4 white feet that I got my senior year of high school would be with me through 3 college degrees, 4 moves, and 3 job changes?! He took it all in stride, even though riding in the car was not his favorite thing. I took Cricket down to Beth and Cary's, to be buried at the family farm (they live on my great-grandparent's farm near Bourbon). Beth, Cary, Brian, and Deb were all very helpful with things, and Cricket is back in Bourbon where he started.

Thankfully, Harry and Wrigley were still their goofy selves and gave me plenty of kisses and attention when I came home last night! It's amazing how these animals find a way into your heart.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home